In the old days of custom steel cutting, it was a long and arduous task due to the fact that specialized and delicate saw had to be used to make sure each piece was precise in its dimensions. However, with the technology of today, lasers are used to cut the metal. Here are a few of the benefits of using lasers to Custom Cut Stainless Steel Sheet in Pennsylvania.
- Lasers can perform several thousand cuts per hour to the stainless steel sheet. This translates into much higher production rates than could be attained in the past.
- Cutting with a laser is so precise that more pieces can be cut per sheet than could be cut in the traditional manner. This adds up to big savings for any company that uses the new method to Custom Cut Stainless Steel Sheet in Pennsylvania.
- There is no variance from shape to shape when cutting with a laser. As long as the machine is properly calibrated at the beginning of the project, the steel pieces will all be precise in their shapes down to the nearest millimeter.
- There can be no project too large to be accepted as lasers never wear out. Unlike traditional tools, the lasers remain precise and always on target, no matter how many uses they have been subjected to.
- The pattern that the laser has cut can remain in the memory of the machine so that any pattern can be reordered quickly and without error. This virtually eliminates jobs having to be redone due to human error regarding measurements.
- The steel that is being cut never has to endure a mechanical load as with other cutting techniques. This means that it retains its strength and is never compromised before the order is delivered.
When researching companies that can fabricate custom steel shapes using the laser method, look for one that has years of experience. A company such as Toma Metals Inc will be able to answer any questions a potential customer may have and can let them know what happens to the steel through every step of the cutting process. Their friendly and helpful staff are just a click or phone call away.